New Year, New GoalsJanuary 02, 2011
|Me - Jan 2009|
|Me - Jan 2010|
Being a new person... I for the first time have non-weight related goals. I finally have the time and energy to focus on other things. I LOVE THAT! Seriously, I love that I feel that I can finally set non-weight related goals.
First the things I left in 2010... I decided there were a few things I wanted to leave behind in 2010:
1) Negativity - about the situations life throws at me and about myself.
2) Anger - about the situations life throws at me, about pretty much anything and everything. I have what you would call an explosive personality. I want to work on that. I'm looking to make into reality the statement "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff."
Now that that is taken care of what are the things I want most for 2011? What are my goals?
1) Make a Healthier Me - Yes this is vague, but I do have specifics around how:
-- eat more whole foods. Cut out as much processed foods as possible. Shop the outside of the store. Get in a minimum of 5 servings of fruits and veggies on more days than not.
-- decrease my body fat percentage through exercise. Get some sessions with a personal trainer to help with this, and also to help measure my current body fat percentage.
-- strive to be emotionally healthy through positive self-talk. No more putting myself down. No more negativity, and limits on anger.
If all of these things added up to losing about 15 more pounds, I would be ecstatic.
If not, I will be OK with that too. I'm not really feeling that last statement, but I'm trying to tell myself that. If you say it you will believe it.
2) Get pregnant - Yes that is a goal. I want to have a baby. I want to conceive that baby in 2011. I'm not getting younger you know. You might think... but you don't really have control over that? Yes, there is some truth to that, but I will exert all control that I have in my power, and all the prayers I have in my heart. If this means I need to see a doctor for "help" I will do that. Enough said.
3) Run a 10k in 2011 - If #2 happens quickly this may not happen, but right now, I am eyeing a race that is on April 30th, 2011. I plan on starting my training very soon, and using that as motivation to get me through the dreary winter months of exercising indoors.
There you have it. Those are my goals. They are written down for anyone with a browser to see. I feel like these are most concrete yearly goals I have ever had, and that feels empowering!
I can't wait to walk through 2011 with you as we both watch these goals become a reality.
What goals do you have for 2011? What are you doing to make those goals a reality?